On Thursday, May 23, 2013, all students at Twinfield Union School in will be participating in their 1st annual Walk and Roll to School day as part of a national initiative to encourage students to bike and walk to school. In anticipation of this event, Twinfield recently received an award from the Vermont Safe Routes [...]
Twinfield Union School is a Pre K to 12 school which serves the unique rural communities of Marshfield and Plainfield.
Students from all grade levels regularly use the school's 80 acres and the school's outdoor classroom to enhance student learning.
Freshmen friends is an example of how high school students mentor younger students to foster a positive school climate.
Community service is embedded in the spirit of the Twinfield Union School. Students consistently work to give back to their local, state and world communities.
Musical performances, art shows, drama productions and other venues for students to share their talents is part of the fabric of our learning community.
Dear Parent/Guardian: As part of our effort to be an organization that is always learning and improving, we will be conducting a survey called the Comprehensive School Climate Inventory (CSCI). Different versions of the survey will be given to parents, students and school personnel, which will allow us to hear from many aspects of our [...]
April was a paws-itively wonderful month at our Everybody Wins! Program at Twinfield. Mentors and mentees welcomed Sadie, a cheerful Cavalier King Charles spaniel who loves to be read to. Sadie and her handler, Carol Pierce, are part of Therapy Dogs of Vermont. They volunteered to come to our literacy mentoring program to experiment with [...]
Thunder Road Speedbowl's very own "Green Lantern" visited Twinfield School on Friday, March 15. Troy's message to our students was how his reading and math skills helped him to achieve his goal of being a race car driver. He also came to challenge our students to read and log 15 books. Those who accomplish this [...]
This is the second year that Twinfield has been a recipient of the Educational Alliance grant from Exxon Mobil. The grant, in the amount of $500, will be used to support our math and science initiatives. Many thanks to RL Vallee Inc., owner of Maplefields (formerly Tim’s Convenience Store in Marshfield), who applied for this [...]
Click "READ FULL STORY," then click here for the new Twinfield School Report, hot off the press!
On Monday February 4th the 8th grade class hosted the 5th Annual Elder Tea. We were honored to have ten guests from our community come and join our class to share stories about their lives and their perspectives about changes in the world today and the American Dream. It was a great experience for students, [...]
Josie Kennedy, Jeanne Ducharme and Brian Krug attended the Better Buildings by Design conference in Burlington this February. The three students were part of a physics class/Green Team group that again traveled to this huge event. The conference is the premier NE gathering for building professionals interested in reducing energy use in structures. Cutting edge [...]
High School Geometry students calculated the surface area of the trapezoid and rectangular tabletops in Mrs. Buret's room in order to determine the number of cans of dry erase (whiteboard) paint needed to transform these surfaces into dry erase boards. Mrs. Buret had already painted the tabletops between semesters and student calculations showed that [...]
Teddy Roosevelt said: "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." The Twinfield community came together to prepare a delicious, nourishing meal for the Good Samaritan Homeless Shelter, in Barre. In an event organized by the Twinfield Together Mentoring Program, mentors, mentees, faculty members and students from TLC and the high school [...]
- French Trip Slide Show & Dessert Potluck 5/22/13
The students who participated in the French trip will be hosting a slide show and dessert potluck on Wednesday, May 22 at 6:30 p.m. in the Twinfield cafeteria. All community members are welcome.
- Walk or Roll to School Day – May 23
- May 20: Visitation Day for Incoming Kindergarten Students
No school for current Kindergarten students
Food Service Payment
- Events on May 20, 2013Visitation Day for Incoming Kindergarten Students (No school for current Kindergarten students)
- Events on May 20, 2013Varsity SB @ Oxbow 4:30Location: @ OxbowDescription: Varsity Softball Away vs Oxbow 4:30
- Events on May 20, 2013VB Baseball Practice
- Events on May 20, 2013MS Baseball Practice
- Events on May 20, 2013MS Softball Practice
- Events on May 20, 2013Girl Scouts Junior Troop MeetingDescription: Music Room
Cassie Bickford/Brandi Roberts contacts
- Events on May 20, 2013Men's Pick-Up BasketballDescription: contact: John Medose
- Events on May 21, 2013MS BB/SB @ Williamstown 4:30Location: @ WilliamstownDescription: MS BB/SB Away vs Williamstown
- Events on May 21, 2013Varsity BB/SB @ Rochester 4:30Location: @ RochesterDescription: Varsity Baseball/Softball Away vs Rochester 4:30
- Events on May 21, 2013HS Variety Show for SchoolDescription: twinspace
- Events on May 21, 20138th Grade Canoe Journey Dry Safety Class
- Events on May 21, 2013Brownie TroopDescription: music room